Log of Captain J. Bowman HMS Fyberon April 22, 1876 Her Majesty Queen Victoria has become troubled lately. Since the discovery of a frozen archipelago in the Arctic Sea, a rumor has sprung up alleging that there exist in the archipelago ruins made by "unknown hands". The Queen resolved to create an expedition to explore the archipelago. If the rumor is correct, the scientists of Great Britain will have something very interesting to research, and if it is false, then that will spell the end of the rumor. It is with this intent of exploration that the Fyberon has been launched today. Her crew consists of myself, as well as eight able sailors and a physician. I will describe the crew in further detail should the information ever be required in the future. My First Mate is named Boris Granov, a Cossack. We became acquainted as we worked on the same fishing boat, and I asked him to join me in the Navy afterwards. Another of the men is an Italian called Vito. I have worked with him on previous assignments, but I do not know him very well. He seems as if he would fit better in a profession of law than of a sailing vessel. The next is a thin, shifty-looking man named Daniels. Shortly before he was assigned to this expedition, he was acquitted of theft charges due to lack of evidence. I am reluctant to have him on board, but he is a capable enough sailor and I will make no effort to remove him. My Second Mate is a stout man called Walson. I enjoy having him on my crew as he seems to be in a constantly jovial mood. He is also very knowledgeable of animals and tends the livestock onboard the ship. Doctor Christopher Graft is a valuable addition to the crew of the Fyberon. He entered the Navy as a ship physician after graduating with his medical degree. He is also a fine Christian man and conducts the ceremonies for us each Sunday. Paul Aston is a welcome member of the crew due to his skill at playing the fiddle, which we are all lucky he brought on the expedition. I have no misgivings about him. The next crewmember is a man named Jason Raynes. He is quick on his feet and able to perform tasks very quickly, quite making him the best sailor on this ship. David Greene is the cook aboard the ship. Due to some accident sometime in his life, he is unable to speak, but he makes no trouble and I am glad to have him onboard. The next man is known simply as "Prox". I have some doubts about whether he is even in the Navy, but he is a good assistant to Doctor Graft and also good enough with numbers that he can keep track of the cargo. Mr. Sterling is a representative of the government who was assigned to accompany the Fyberon on its expedition and report all findings and events back to the Queen.