Projects and Development > UserJS Scripts

4chan UserJS Script

(1/7) > >>

FyberOptic:
CROSSPOSTEDDDDD

The 4chan extension for Firefox has a few nice things to offer, and I've found myself using that browser to peruse 4chan at times, even though my primary browser is Opera.  Unfortuantely, nobody seems to have ever written any enhancements for it (that I've ever found), so I decided to write one myself!

http://www.fybertech.com/userjs/fychan.js

This mostly implements the feature I prefer most; loading a full thread right inside the page, instead of loading a seperate page to see the omitted posts.  Just in the time I've been testing it, I've already been finding it pretty useful.

In any case, this is a UserJS script for anyone not in the know.  It's Opera's version of an extension language.  I've found myself using it a lot lately, not just to add features to websites, but to fix other ones that won't work properly in Opera.  It's great.

If you don't know how to install a UserJS script, it's simple.  You can either read the elaborate explantion at http://userjs.org/help/installation , or just:  Go to Tools, Options, Preferences, then the Advanced tab, pick the Content section, click Javascript Options.  In the "My Javascript files" blank, put like "c:\userjs" (minus the quotes), then create that folder on your computer, and copy the script inside.  You'll probably want to right-click/save-as to get the script onto your computer, mind you.

Anyway, if anyone wants to mess around with it and see if they can find any  problems, feel free.  I'm also welcome to suggestions of things to add.  Hope some folks find it useful!

Spug:
My hero  :-*

FyberOptic:
That's the post I put on their Programming BBS board, and linked to it fralm one in /g/, btw.

The script seems to be warkin good for folks, though a couple mentioned they'd like to be able to shrink the threads back down afterwards, so I'll add that in today.  It's also crowding the text a little in one place, and getting a DOM error on the BBS boards, but those should be simple fixes.

HOORAY USERJS?

Ki_Shodar:
any chance of getting a copy that still works with Opera 8.54?

latest version only works in Opera 9 which I'm not really liking at the moment

FyberOptic:
I actually made a copy of the old version just in case anyone ever needed it.  You can get it here.

How come you're not liking Opera 9, out of curiosity?

P.S.  Anyone else here that uses this script, I did in fact upgrade it some over the past couple weeks or so, but forgot to mention it here.  The link in the first post will get the new version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version